DVD: The Peace Patriots
$28.00 $17.00 On Sale!
• "THE PEACE PATRIOTS takes the word "patriotism" and gives it a rich positive meaning, removing it from the ugliness of war and nationalism, and restoring its original idea as 'love of country.' It does this by showing us true patriots – those people, who with artistry and imagination, as well as deep moral commitment, have spoken and acted to end the war in Iraq. In a time of sadness, thinking of the dead and maimed on both sides, this film gives us hope and inspiration. I hope it will be shown widely." – Howard Zinn, author,
"A People's History of the United States"
• A filmmaker unafraid to go against the tide."
– Rhonda Stewart, BOSTON GLOBE
• "THE PEACE PATRIOTS beautiufully demonstrates that ordinary people committed topeace and social justice can make a difference. Anyone feeling burned out from resisting the direction our givernment is headed in will get a shot of energy from this film."
– David Potorti, Director, September 11th Families For Peaceful Tomorrows
• "THE PEACE PATRIOTS is a moving documentary that is sure to inspire. In an atmosphere that is rife with frustration and apathy, this film stands out by giving hope to activists and inspiring thise who may not be activits to be[come] activists."
– John Behnken, Kent State University
• "As a documentary filmmaker, Robbie Leppzer boldly accepts the role of contemporary historian who permits those working for peace to show that dissent IS patriotic. He defies the censorship masterminded by the [mainstream] media to let th voices of students of all ages, combat veterans, teachers, clergy and all the outraged speak for themselves. THE PEACE PATRIOTS humanizes political activism by focusing on the eloquence of everyday people. The film has helped to awaken and empower our students."
– Shane Boedner, PhD., Professor of Foriegn Languages, Marian College
• "...a powerful portrayal of activism. As a college professor who is interested in exposing students to nonviolent means of action against injustice, I have found this film to be very uplifting. I highly recommend it as a teaching tool."
– Abbie Jenks, Professor of Psychology and Peace Studies, Greenfield Community College
• "...both inspirational and educational... The documentary left our audience feeling inspired that there were like-minded activists working for peace and justice in other communities around the United States. I wholeheartedly recommend this film for anyone who is interested in learning about the peace movement."
– Paul Lachappelle, Students for Peace & Justice, University of Montana